750 Motor Club Oulton Park October

The 750 Motor Club made their second visit of the year to Oulton Park last Saturday (10th October), with the usual wide variety of cars and championships taking to the track. Very changeable weather made for some extremely challenging conditions for the drivers and spectators alike, with many heavy rain showers throughout the day.

First on track was a huge 3 6 car field for the Toyota MR2 Championship. Heavy rain just before the start of the race made for a slippery track, with Aaron Cooke taking a 6.5 second victory over Paul Cook in second, with the MR2 Roadster of Shaun Traynor completing the podium.

The formation lap for race two took place in bright sunshine, but by the time the lights went out the rain was falling once again. Aaron Cooke again mastered the conditions to win by over 6 seconds from Paul Hinson, with Shaun Traynor again completing the podium.

The opening Sports Specials race of the day was utterly dominated by Andy Hiley in his Chronos HR1S, beating the Caterham of John Saunders by over 40 seconds. Hiley was kept much more honest in race two, taking his second win of the day from the MEV MX150R of Stewart Mutch by just 1.37 seconds.

A typically packed Locost field could do nothing about Murray Shepherd in race one, who kept his car on track in torrential rain to win by over 20 seconds from Geoff Peek, with Louis Wall in third place. In the day’s second race, the same trio took the same positions on the podium.

Daniel Hands took the win in the day’s first Formula Vee encounter, leading home multiple race winner James Harridge and Martin Farmer in wet conditions. Roles were reversed for race two with Harridge winning from Hands and Farmer, it was enough for Harridge to take the title with a round to spare.

Graham Seager splashed his turbocharged Alfa Romeo GTV to victory in the day’s opening Alfa Romeo Championship race, and repeated the feat later in the day during race 2.

Finally, in the 90 minute BMW 116 Trophy race, Andrew Woodbine & Samuel Carrington Yates emerged victorious at the head of a large 28 car field, with Anthony Seddon and Alan Corfield taking second and Shane & Andew Roe completing the podium.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *